Harpo-Cons Poll #s Surge as Child Benefit Bribery Checks Land in Canadian Mailboxes

Canadians viewed Thomas Mulcair as 'the anti-Harper' until the checks rolled in.

Today Canada's the federal pre-election polls showed a huge bounce for the Harpo-Cons. This Conservative surge in the aggregate is largely due to the Mainstreet Research poll published by Postmedia on Friday. It isn't the only sign of improving Conservative numbers, however, as Nanos Research's four-week rolling poll put the NDP and Conservatives in a tie at 31 per cent apiece earlier this week.

Only 4 days ago, just before the Child Benefit buy-a-vote checks started arriving in mailboxes, Forum Research results found that the NDP continued to hold the lead at 34% followed by the Cons at 29% and Libs at 28%. The NDP have held a lead for at least 7 weeks until the bribery checks landed in Canadian mailboxes. This surge, thanks to the Universal Child Care Benefit [UCCB], is causing a 'Christmas in July' response among those who don't understand that they are being bribed with their own money.

Of course most benefits are taxable, but here’s the catch -- while bringing in the new child “benefit” the Conservatives also just quietly axed our $2,225 child tax credit. After all’s said and done, that means a typical working parent will receive just $13 a month to cover skyrocketing child care costs.

At the same time, Canada’s Parliamentary Budget Officer figures more than half the people benefiting from Ottawa’s UCCB bribery scheme don’t actually have child care costs:“In 2015, 49 per cent of these benefits would go to families with child care expenses and young children, and the remaining 51 per cent to families with no child care expenses and families with older children,” the report from this spring reads.

So, like the tax splitting scheme, the harpo-cons are doling out the dough to their supporters at the expense of everyone except the rich who's taxes are constantly cut. It'll be interesting to see in the next little while if this bump in the night of if the other pollsters, using different methods, report the same bounce from this moronic CPC vote buying scheme contiueing on into future polls. Can Canadians be this stupid? Can their futures be bought for next to nothing?...if so, maybe it's time to move to Mongolia.